Tuesday, December 19, 2006

If you had the money...

Would you spend it on this?
Remy Martin Louis XIII Cognac.


It's EUD$1170, and that's duty free prices. Bargain! According to Wikipedia:

"Louis XIII cognac is manufactured using grapes from the Grande Champagne of France. It is blended from eaux de vie, some more than a century in age, then it is aged in "tiercons," barrels that are several hundred years old, in its own cellar. A bottle of Louis XIII may be priced as high as $2,000(US) however average price range is between $1,000 to $1,300. The handblown crystal decanter is commonly valued at $400-$600 without the cognac."

I guess this barely counts as a luxury item when you take into account:
- World's most expensive tequila = $225,000
(It comes in a gold and platinum casing, and someone did buy it)
- World's most expensive whisky = $38,000 (Macallan 1920, sold out!)
- World's most expensive beer = $2,595

Though the world's most expensive beer only gets its aclaim because a drunken Kiwi misread the bill and thought it said $2.45 when he signed it *lol*

Personally, I'd go for one of these cocktails. Although, I can see some of them being a choking hazard. Men
, if you want me to say, "Yes", this is how you do it :P

1 comment:

Unknown said...

My dad have 3 bottle of Remy Martin louis 13. But so far he only opened one. I tried some when he opened it. I personally didn't like it that much. I am more a wine person. I like Chateau Pétrus.