Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Steeeak!

Occasionally, I get the hankering for RED MEAT. Screw instant noodles, screw pasta - I want a freaking piece of cow to munch on. So yesterday, I wasn't going to let anyone get in the way of my steak, including my flatmates *grin*

Me: "Do you want steak for dinner?"
(what I mean: It doesn't really matter what you say, I want steak)
D: "Err, isn't it 10 quid? That's expensive."
Me: "I'm going to get it anyway, so if you want it, there's going to be one for you"
(what I mean: I don't care if you don't want it, I'm still eating it for dinner!)

Come to think of it, 10 quid for 2 pieces of raw meat is quite expensive if you convert it to Aussie dollars (approx AUD$25). But dang it was good. I've seriously discovered the best way to cook steak medium rare. It's turned out perfect for me thrice in a row so far. Adapted from Becasse's recipe for roast tri tip of veal:
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees;
- Season steak with salt and pepper and leave at room temperature;
- Heat up pan with olive oil over high heat;
- Sear the steak all over;
- Throw it in the oven for 8 mins, turning constantly;
- Rest the steak for 3 mins.

Tada, one perfecto steak. Sorry, I munched a quarter of it before I remembered to take the picture:

No comments: