Monday, May 21, 2007

I miss Rondon

It sounds like a silly thing to say. But part of the reason I haven't had much to blog about lately, is cause I haven't really spent any decent time in Rondon! Every weekend, since I've been back from Sydnery, I've "gone gallivanting" (to use my Mother's words). First it was Amsterdam for Queen's Day. Then it was Tallinn and Helsinki with the household crew for the first long weekend in May. After that it was back to Delft for U&W's Dutch wedding celebration. And I just spent last weekend in Oslo. This coming weekend is in Bordeaux. And the weekend after that is Ibiza!!

It all seemed like a great idea at the time I was planning these trips. Errr... maybe I was a little overzealous in my planning. Now, I just want one weekend in Rondon to chill out... To go to Borough Markets for some chorizo. To go to Camden to eat a Hache burger. To buy some groceries for the week. To go to Bar Italia or Flat White for a weekend caffeine hit.
To stroll around familiar ground. To do my laundry!

I've done 9 cities in 5 months this year... I'm looking forward to a restful weekend that doesn't involve a 3am wake up call to catch the airport bus.

Do I sound spoilt? ;)

No comments: