Monday, December 08, 2008

Determined

12 days. I will be gone from The Corporation.

The biggest disappointment I've had this year, is when the coolest of coolest bosses I've ever had, was mysteriously made to "disappear" from The Corporation. There were excuses given. Personal family issues. Yet, everyone knew it wasn't about his family. Yet, nobody at the executive level gave a reason. A believable one anyway.

I met up with him tonight. I canned whatever plans I had to meet up with him. He looked like a man who'd been hurt. 20 years he'd been with The Corporation. Rumour has it, he's been forced to take a 6 month sabbatical and he was to leave his team. Rumour has it, he'd stepped on someone's toes. Unfortunately for him, those toes are dang well high up on the ladder.

I won't work for The Corporation which crushes the right people who were in the right places. This man made decisions. This man wasn't scared to say what needed to be said. This man delivered.

He paid for it.

Is there a lesson to be learnt? I don't know. All I know is that it fcking crushed me when I found out that the one person I had looked up to in a long time, was made to disappear :(

No comments: