Tuesday, December 09, 2008

The true meaning of Globalisation

It's been exactly a year (Thanksgiving 2007!) since I'd seen Becky:


It's been... almost 3 years (Jan 2006!) since I'd seen Alwinee.


All of us live in different cities. From Rondon, to Moo York, to Shangers. It made me realise how lucky I am to have the type of friends who love to travel the globe :) Distance doesn't mean anything. Time doesn't mean anything. Wherever we are in the world, we'll find each other, and we'll pick up where we left off. It was always like that over the years when T came back to Sydnery for a visit :) It was like that everytime I came back to Sydnery for a visit, and all the crew took me under their wing.

Which explains the "business lunch" I had with Becky. Oysters, scallops, photography exhibitions, topped off with a 3-restaurant-feast *grin*


Erm, also the "business lunch" I had with Alwinee. 4 hours of Gaucho steak and a bottle of wine; 2 hours of shopping and cocktails; 2 hours at a Tennis Club club ;)

1 comment:

Beckster said...

Good times babe :) Completely agree that so often we don't realise how friggin' privileged we are to be able to zip around the world on whim like it's our oyster. One reason why everywhere feels like home is because of the friends spread around the globe. Totaly heart you guys.

Hurrah for 'business lunches'!