Monday, October 02, 2006

Butt plugs & Gimp gear (NSFW)

Note: The links aren't safe for work either.

At the risk of sounding depraved, curiousity got the better of me and I visited three sex-shops-for-people-like-you-and-me today. The ones that go out of their way to be customer friendly and inviting to girls as well as guys. They were all on the way home :P

It's funny, the only other time I've ever been to a sex shop (I swearz!) was when I went shopping for a friend's 21st birthday present. We ended up in Newtown, in a dimly lit seedy sex shop, giggling over dildos. The shop guy (who had butt pr0n going on behind the counter), even pulled out the latest product (made out of flesh coloured silicon, very realistic for those days) and let me prod it *jiggle* *jiggle* We left the shop with a raunchy pair of... furry handcuffs for our friend's birthday gift. Lame, I know :) Incidentally, butt-pr0n-guy told us that video booths are all furnished with vinyl for ease of cleaning. Everything gets hosed down...

Anyways, first up was Coco de Mer. It was two doors down from my coffee shop and I was quite surprised at how classy the shopfront looked. It took me awhile to realise it was an adult shop. Looking at lingerie prices, this is probably where celebs shop when they feel kinky. This place had an abundance of feathered ticklers, and things that looked more appropriate for elegantly whipping a horse.

Secondly, I went into Ann Summers. I think Ann Summers is actually the first shop to crack the niche for women-friendly adult shops. Lingerie here is affordable, but, has that "made in China" feel to it. From the outside, it just looks like a normal lingerie shop. Compared to Coco de Mer, it's not very exciting *yawn*

Lastly, I went into Harmony. This shop looked the most intimidating. From the front, you see nothing but heavy curtains pulled across the shop windows. No peeking in to see what's inside. When you go in, everything's pink and brightly lit! I was a bit surprised by the rows and rows of vibes out on display for the customer to play with. Not that anyone was brave enough to turn one on :) All I can say is, rabbits are _the_ animal of choice at the moment. I was about to leave the shop when it started pouring, so back in I went and thought I'd go downstairs to check out the fetish zone. I hit PAYDIRT! It made me realise a lot of effort was going into making sex toys more visually appealing these days.
Does a butt plug really need a gem at the end of it?
"You want to put what, where??"

Racks and racks of gimp gear!
To tell the truth, I've only ever seen the ball-gag thingy in movies.


I was going to try on a pink rubber dress for fun. But the thought of sweat in the dress from other people who have tried it on before me, put me off the whole idea. Wonder what people would say if I turned up at a wedding in a rubber dress (it was quite pretty) :) Ula, I have an idea for the bridesmaid dress *big grin*

No comments: