Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Vanity

One year on, and my beautician is still filled with angst and outspoken comments ("I've had a terrible year. You look different, you've lost some weight"). Why do I keep going back to her? Because she still does the best eyebrows in Sydnery. Although I was a little worried that she kept ranting as she was plucking. I'd never experienced such energetic plucking before. Almost to the point where I was worried I wouldn't have any eyebrows left. I had to ask Yin* for confirmation that my eyebrows looked alright at lunch. A little bit too much on the archy side this time, I think. I look a bit like the Joker :P A lot of gals baulk at the amount of money I spend on my eyebrows. But trust me, people look funny when eyebrows are done wrongly. It's just like having a really bad haircut. Only, with eyebrows, you can't wear a cap to hide it :P

I'm getting vain with age. Well, maybe it's a good thing I'm putting more effort into skincare. I was almost refused service at Opera Bar on the weekend because I couldn't prove my age.
Me: "Vodka, cranberry, pineapple please"
Bar guy: "Do you have ID on you?"
Me: "Errrr... I have a big tattoo on my back, does that count?"
Bar guy: "I need to see your ID before I can serve you."
Me: "This is my second drink. And I'm 28!"
... and on and on...
Bar guy: "I'll take your word for it this time, but you need to bring ID with you."
Lady next to me: "What do you do to look so young?"
Me: "Vodka, cranberry and pineapple..."
From then on, Eleri made Ed buy my drinks for me *grin* Thanks guys! Love yous! *MUAH*

I really do wonder how old I'll be when I actually look 18...

No comments: