Friday, May 23, 2008

Muffin top

Ruh roh... I pulled on a freshly laundered pair of jeans today and noticed... a slight muffin top *wince* I use to see girls with muffin tops, and think, "Why don't you just get one size up?!?" Errr, okay, now I understand it's demoralising to jump a size up. I had to do some squats to stretch the denim out! *grin* Gawd dang it. Why is it so much effort to look decent? Last year, a mate use to tell me, "I need to lose 15kgs before turning 30!" I laughed. My mate still looked good :) Now I understand the pressures of looking good at 30 :( I wouldn't have cared last year. This year I care. So... tomorrow, if Sus calls me, I'm going running. Something I really sux0r at :( *sigh*

Have I mentioned how much salad I'm eating these days??

5 comments:

Kev said...

Is there some other forms of exercise that you enjoy more than running?

Beckster said...

Jeans shrink in the wash, maybe it's not you...

Ok, if it is indeed you then from what everyone tells me the easiest way to lose weight is to eat your biggest meal (including carbs and whatever else you want) at lunch. Then no carbs at dinner, lots of vegies and protein about the size of your palm. No beer.

Slightly less depressing than just salads right?

reenie said...

KC - I use to like gym classes, but lately, I've grown bored of it :( Once you know the routine, it gets mundane... So need to find a new sport! Running is at least cheap :)

Beckster - It's MEEE! No carbs at dinner is actually quite hard to do. Especially since I love noodles :( Time to go on a chicken soup diet...

Road Runner said...

if its vegies and protien for the size of your palm...well your palm will only fit an egg...stick to noodles...But, on the depressing size since i turned 30...the only time ai lost weight even when I was excercising was glandular fever...personally I don't recommend it lost 12 kilos in 6 days...take care and besides you are not thirty yet ;>P

Anonymous said...

oops. so the only time you said you'll go running, you post it on your blog rather than telling me! ok that's it. we're going running next weekend. or you can always get up at 5.30 and come with me tomorrow?