Wednesday, June 17, 2009

It bothers me...

... that the British Computing Society can make a registration process unnecessarily convoluted and ugly:
Each dropdown populates the next dropdown. So if you pick the wrong one, you have to go through the freaking list to find the right one which populates the next dropdown correctly. Filling it out should take me 10 seconds, and instead takes me at least a minute or two.

*sigh* Here I am, back to j.o.b hunting (I still don't like talking about it, so quit asking), and reading job descriptions requiring certification from this bunch of "elitists". It makes me want to hunt down the person who wrote the job description and smack them over the head. "LOOK, these people can't even get a registration form right, and you want me to pay good squiddies to get certified by them? They're giving real IT people a bad name!" :P

1 comment:

Ed Stephens said...

Amazing that a society based upon people who are still living at University and working punch card machines can even write a website. The Australian brotherhood of people who should know better is no better unfortunately. Good luck job hunting.