Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Carb City

My hard work over the past month to eat in moderation and eat healthily was pretty much ruined by 3 days in Florence. Ahhh well. I'm sorry, but there's no way in hell I can refuse pasta or gelato in Italy.


I seriously have no idea how the Italians manage to fit in about 4 courses in one meal, but I dang well had a good time trying to keep up. Needless to say, I spent most of my money in Florence on food.

When not eating, I managed to fit in the Uffizi Gallery. Home to Botticelli's Birth of Venus. Errr, you know what? Keep in mind that the painting's approximately 600+ years old, and you won't be disappointed by how faded it is. The funny thing with Florence, it's filled with art, history and culture. Yet, the seedier side of human nature will always find a way to defile a masterpiece to make a buck. I hated the sight of all the boxer shorts for sale, with Michelangelo's David's penis printed on the front.



This trip, I tried to play around with camera angles. Not sure how successful I was. It's not as simple as turning the camera diagonally and clicking, as you can see from above *grin* I do like this shot of Ponte Vecchio though:

No comments: