Thursday, March 29, 2007

First day back

What's it like? Well, it's... different. Not exactly good, but not exactly bad either. Just different.

For the first time in a year, I caught the train from Blacktown to the City. It was an express train and even then it took about 45 mins. 45 mins is a long time to wait when I'm used to 5 mins on the tube to get to Central Rondon. Looking out windows at suburbia and greenery, that's something else I haven't seen for a year.

Walking around Sydnery, the pace is a lot slower, there's a lot less people, and the thing I noticed is that people just aren't as fashion conscious *grin* Sorry. In Rondon you get all types, in Sydnery, everyone blends into the background.

Even jay-walking confuses me here. I'm so used to lights turning first red, then orange and finally green in Rondon. Orange means I have about 3 seconds to run across the road before cars start moving. Here, I forgot that I have to pay attention to lights facing traffic travelling in the perpendicular direction if I want to cross the road. It was just safer for me to wait for the green man in the end.

Good things? I met up with my brother for a DECENT cucumberless curry laksa lunch :) I had *GREAT* coffee TWICE today, from NON-CHAIN cafes :) And even though it was raining, it was freaking warm enough for me to walk around in a singlet top all day *aaaah* Seriously, 20 degrees feels like Summer to me.

Hrm, my Mum's calling me out to the kitchen for more food. Gotta go, peidaan and pickled ginger await me.

2 comments:

Mike said...

MIKE POSTING:

Haha, you have become anglophiled!! One Of Us little reen

reenie said...

Takes more than being a pasty white complexion to be One of You, Mike ;) The day you can claim it, is the day I stop eating laksa!