Friday, June 01, 2007

Ignorance isn't bliss


I never knew the Chemical Brothers were Electro Gods. All this time, I'd heard their name, but never seen them live or heard any of their music. Until tonight. At the spur of the moment, I bought myself a ticket to their gig at the Roundhouse. Best gig I've been to in Rondon yet! They're amazing live! Good enough for me to get over my frustration of being evacuated from the venue about 10 mins before they came onto stage. I waited out in the cold for over an hour, with no news about what was going to happen. I eventually walked away and headed to the bus stop. Good thing the bus stop was close by. Just as I was about to turn my back on the Chemical Brothers, I saw people heading back into the venue again. So I stayed.

It. Was. GREAT.

I was one level up and had soo much dancing space with a perfect view. Tons of people were packed on the dancefloor below. To think I was ready and willing to give up on the Chemical Brothers, all because I had never heard them before. It wasn't just the music that was good, the accompanying background visuals were pretty awesome too. I had so much fun :) I'm so glad I stayed.

All these years, I've been missing out on the Chemical Brothers. Ignorance isn't bliss at all. And I can't believe I forgot my camera :(

Oooh, and I finally had myself a Hache burger from Camden! I ordered a Sicilian, which was a Prime Beef steak, topped with Parma ham, and melted buffala mozerella cheese. On a fresh ciabatta bun. MMMmmm, YUMMO. I had to wait 20 mins for it, but I chowed it down in less than 10 :) The place was packed. Not sure if it's worth 8+ squids, but it's definitely one of the better burgers I've had. I'll be back, with friends.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooh I went to a concert of theirs in Sydney a couple of years ago.. it was amazing!! Their visuals are fantastic.. did they do the Giant Clown heads??

xx
Babs

reenie said...

Yup! Giant clown heads, and giant robots! :)