Thursday, June 07, 2007

Losing my virginity


Friday 1st June, the last day of my contract. At 5pm, I shoot out the door at work with my luggage in tow. Never to see the vomit yellow porta-warehouse again. Can you believe for the past 8 months I've been working on a train platform? Every morning, for those 8 months, a fire alarm test went off at 10am. That environment was designed to drive people crazy. No wonder the project was 4 years late!!

I arrive at the airport, and start drinking all by my lonesome. The bar crowd starts to build up. All of a sudden, I'm meeting random party-goers, and the group just gets bigger and bigger. As far as I'm aware, I'm 1 out of 2 Ibiza virgins in that group. It's an experience. It starts off with the party plane. It's a plane full of people with one destination in mind - the Space opening party in Ibiza. _Everyone_ I spoke to was going to be there. By the time we board the plane, everyone's buzzing with excitement and liquoring up. iPods are plugged in and pumping out music. A glass of champers gets delivered up the aisle to me :) The only thing missing are the tight lycra stewardess outfits. Don't worry, that comes later ;)

Surprisingly, everyone resisted the urge to go out when we arrived at 1am. Instead, we had an early Friday night and saved ourselves for this the next day:


I don't know when in my life it happened, but I seem to have reached the point where I can afford to lie around all day on a luxury yacht, tanning myself on deck, drinking sangria and watching as champagne gets sprayed onto nekid boobies. Yes, nekid boobies. Okay, fine, it was cheap champagne. But still - there were nekid boobies on my boat.


We sailed to Formentera and spent the day drinking. I would've swam more if there weren't soo many jellyfishies in the sea :( You know, I haven't felt this warm since January 2006. Seriously.


No comments: