Thursday, November 08, 2007

Faux pas

A team calendar has been setup. So I decided to organise a team drinks event.

Note to IT guys:
"Hey, where's a nice bar for team drinks? Promise to invite you ;)"
Reply to me:
"Majingos"

I do some research, Majingos looks alright.

Note to everyone:
"I need something to look forward to at the end of the month, let's go out on 30 NOV"
Reply to me:
"Sounds good, where shall we go?"
Note to everyone:
"Majingos. Apparently it's where all the cool kids hang out."
Reply to me:
"That's a STRIP CLUB!"

I look up from my screen and stare at my colleague, "NO WAY".

Who exactly is included in "Note to everyone"? My boss. Global Head of Learning & Development.

The IT guys hear about it and call me up: "Did you seriously send that out? Why did you listen to me?"
Me: "I didn't know that's what a Dancing Club is!"

Dang nerds.

No comments: