Monday, November 19, 2007

Guggenheim

The trick is, start from the top and work your way to the bottom :) I walked up one level before I realised there was a lift :P

I love just looking at this museum. Clean lines and minimalistic.


Actually, it was a bit of a shock for me to see it in real life. I had only previously seen it in scenes from Matthew Barney's Cremaster 3. I don't think I realised it was the Guggenheim when I was watching the movie. So it felt eerily familiar to walk through the doors and see the spiralled levels. If I had to say what was worth it about the 8 hours of my life that I lost in watching Matthew Barney's Cremaster series, I'd say the scenes from the Guggenheim were amongst my favourite. They were visually spectacular. From my blurry memory anyway.


The rest of the 8 hours in Cremaster were pretty much rubbish. However, I did remember the Chrysler building scenes and made a special effort to visit that building too. Meh. Not very exciting, especially since visitors are only allowed to enter the lobby area :( But, I can at least tick it off my list.

No comments: