Saturday, October 18, 2008

Last minute Rondon

One of the things that I've learnt to love about Rondon, is that you can do *anything* pretty much last minute :) Which was how my entire Friday panned out.

Bored at work? No worries, hop on the DLR and head to Greenwich for a hog roast roll and coffee in the sun *grin* Ok, it took a little bit more than an hour, but... yeah :P

Looking for something to do on a Friday night? No worries, jump online and book a couple of tickets to "Bill Bailey's Remarkable Guide to the Orchestra" show at the Royal Albert Hall. Very funny. Also, very surprised that Bill Bailey is so
musically talented!

Post-show, now what? No worries, let's jump in a cab and head to a pub *grin* A Guinness with the boys later, we're on the move again.

To the Embassy!

There's a line. There are girls in short mini-dresses and spiky sky-high heels. That's ok, we know someone. No lines for us ;) You know what annoys me though? You get in, and the place is empty. The oriental in me goes, "HTF do you do business? There's a line outside for no reason, and you could be making a lot more at the bar".

Rondon is pretentious. Sometimes, for no reason. It's about networking. Whatever, I head for the dancefloor. I've learnt to make friends with the bartenders :) My new trick, "Make me a cocktail, and make it girly!" *grin* I watch the boys do their majik on the girls. I'm impressed!

3am, let's go! Chinatown it is. Mui choy kau yoke, Chap wee (combination) hor fun, and yat pun siew aap *grin* Not that tasty, but at that time of morning, I'm not expecting much.

Finally, 4am Saturday, I'm in bed.

Ooh, before Bill Bailey, I visited the Serpentine Gallery in Hyde Park. Every year, an artist builds a temporary building. This year it was Frank Gehry. So here tis:



Rondon... I love its spontaneity.

No comments: