Monday, March 16, 2009

What's that saying?

I never thought I'd have this problem, "What to wear to Michelin star restaurants?" :P Ok, I know it sounds really arrogant, however hear me out.

Having been to Tetsuya's, Becasse, Yoshii, *insert top Sydnery restaurant here*, I never questioned myself on what I had to wear for the occasion. My theory was always, I have the cash to splash and it shouldn't matter what I wore. My money is good regardless of my outfit. Here in Rondontown, it's a different story. What you wear has to match the quality of your food and expected service. Michelin stars mean snotty looks if you're not dressed up for the occasion.

I get stressed out about what to wear. Majorly. Because European bodies are a lot longer and more well endowed than what I've been blessed with, dresses just don't fit me properly here. I hate to admit it, but I have purchased one Ted Baker top for special Michelin star dining experiences. Ie: I've only worn this top to Michelin restaurants. It fits and it's frilly. Me, in frills *cringe*

This week, I am going to 3 Michelin starred restaurants. All up, 4 stars in total. Today, under pressure to find a dress at the 23rd hour, I've ended up with one that's bright yellow.

It either makes me look like a cute young canary...

...Or Big Bird's hideous date:


The longer I stared into the mirror before dinner tonight, the more I was convinced it was Big Bird's lucky day.

Bright yellow? What was I thinking? Not only that, but I'm also at that awkward inbetween size. So I had to choose between:
:: Size 8 - Bit squeezy on the side, there's some armpit vag action.
:: Size 10 - Not enough b00bies. If I lift my fork and spoon, the dress falls down.
*sigh* Wtf, can't they have a size 9? :P

Armpit vag it is.

What was I thinking? I think I bought this dress more to spite the girlies who have been clamouring for my cleavage over dinner. I think I've outdone myself and managed to spite me as well *lol* Hrm, at least the dress has pockets (and err, a big bow on the side).


"You can take the girl out of Blacktown, but you can't take the Blacktown out of the girl". Or something like that ;)

Update: Miss K has assured me the dress looks decent. After a bellini. And 3 glasses of wine. Highly dubious review *grin*

7 comments:

Unknown said...

should've bought that dress from previous post ... on the other hand, yellow is not bad (most of lambos are yellow) ... put some photos up and i'll let you know ...

reenie said...

I only buy hot dresses for hot dates ;) Otherwise, POINTLESS.

Anonymous said...

yellow, mmm, banana's are also yellow....

Anonymous said...

off course, I am referring to banana's in pajamas, sorry, forgot to add that part. As you see, I am preparing for my new role as dad...

reenie said...

You mean... this isn't what unemployment is about? *grin*

Beckster said...

Should've bought that black dress babe. It's also short-sighted thinking to only buy hot dresses for hot dates. Hellloooooo every day, every coffee shop, every turn of street corner brings the possibility of a hot guy and hot date. Push those puppies out in anticipation!

Alternatively, just come to NYC.

reenie said...

Yes Beckster, always possibility of bumping into hot guy in coffee shop - but when was the last time the romcom scenario of a hot guy asking me out on a date actually happened? ;)