Friday, April 10, 2009

So tell me...

Me: "... what's heroin like?"

"It's like being wrapped in a really warm, comfortable blanket. It covers you and you feel safe. Nothing's going to hurt you."

Me: "But..." *I stared at my companion in disbelief* "I didn't think people got out of it once they've taken it."

"You either like it or you don't. I'm lucky because I didn't like it. Once the blanket comes off, you make a choice. You either throw off the blanket or you take it again to stay under. I didn't like it."

I ask a lot of questions. I'm lucky enough that people always answer. So I thought I'd share, because if I want to know, maybe you do too.

Personally, I don't think heroin is a gamble with life anyone should take. Don't believe me? Watch Trainspotting (Bestest of the Worstest Toilet Scenes ever!) or Requiem for a Dream.

No comments: