Wednesday, September 12, 2007

In my inbox

"Subject: Your cv
Hi Shireen

Having found your CV on jobsite I wanted to let you know that I do not have any immediate vacancies to suit you but we will begin our search.

In the meantime I would like to invite you as my guest to an excellent seminar which will definitely improve your chances of success at your next interview and help you negotiate a higher salary.

Two tickets to this event are normally £1,790, but you can attend completely complimentary as my guest - this is my gift to you. If, after reading, you need additional tickets just go through the enrolment process again...

http://champions.universalevents.com.au/ukbts.asp?cli=CLO2041158"

*lol* Is this... a trapezoid? :) I know I shouldn't be so cynical, but... Come on, if this seminar was worth going to, it wouldn't be for free :P You don't see Clinton giving away tickets to hear him speak. And his tickets were a lot less than 850 squids! "My gift to you"? Who exactly is this David from Alternative Direction? Click on the link above and, _could_ the webpage be anymore sickening in its sycophantic choice of words?

"Congratulations, you are reading this page because you are part of the elite minority of people committed to success and achievement... YOU …are part of a select group of people who have been invited to take part in the acclaimed, 3 day Breakthrough to Success - Wealth and Power weekend seminar … with international accelerated human change expert, Christopher Howard"


I'm part of the elite minority committed to success and achievement? I guess everyone else strives to be a loser *grin*

What the hell is an accelerated human change expert? If I go in to this conference, do I evolutionise and come out with a third breast? *grin*

No comments: