Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Meltdown

Meltdown is another annual music festival in Rondon. This year, it's currated by Massive Attack. So off I went to see the, "Vangelis' Blade Runner Soundtrack performed live by the Heritage Orchestra, mixed by Massive Attack". Bit of a mouthful ;)


It was interesting... Ever wondered how wind, rain, zooming spaceship sound effects were made? :) There was a very talented percussionist there indeed. The only thing I would say that was missing, was footage from Blade Runner itself. Bit of a shame, however, I'm guessing there's probably some copyright issues involved in the decision. Instead, the stage had beaming lights and the backdrop was a myriad of ever-changing colours to occupy the visionary senses. As my eyes were constantly getting zapped by the beaming spotlights, I decided to close them and focus on the music instead...
Zap zap zap


... Errr, which made me very sleepy and I started to doze...
... Oddly, in my half-conscious state, I started seeing images...
... Words I could barely read flashed past...
... I'd open my eyes drowsily for a few seconds and see the stage dripped in colour...
... I'd close them again and my mind wandered somewhere distant to scenes I remember from the movie...


So yeah, I had a good time when I was dozing *grin* Think I'll download the movie and watch it again. What makes Blade Runner so special? It was made in the 80's and it's still one of the best utopian sci-fi movies ever! You'll always see it in one of those "Top xx.." film lists.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

think nerds like the movie because the main character does it with the fembot (every nerds dream) ... i like it because harrison ford gets progressively beaten to a pulp ...

reenie said...

The term is, "Robot Fetishism" :)