Sunday, June 22, 2008

Shopping spree

After four months of unemployment, I finally paid myself :D I can *afford* stuff! It feels GOOD... However, what I want, I can't really get. I'm looking for a dress to wear to Babsy & Mike's engrish wedding ceremony in Liverpool next weekend. What's depressing is I've come to the realisation that I need:
a) breast implants
b) rib removal surgery

...to fit into the strapless dresses that are all the trend in Rondon atm :P "What about chicken fillets?", I hear you say. I'm telling you, the gap's so big when I pull the dress away, I need a bigger bird. Think turkey or goose fillets :P

Out of curiousity, I tried on a £200+ dress today. With this pricetag, I was wondering if it would make me feel any better about the way I looked. Sadly no :) It's pretty, the material's gorgeous, but nope. Still doesn't fit me right. Let me add this to the above list:
c) leg extensions

I know, I know, be happy for what I've got :) At the very least, I guess I can go bra-less with certain singlet tops *grin*

Fancy wedding dresses aside, I'm having a lotta luck with casual clothes :) Sales are on! W00t! One summer dress (hrm, ok this wasn't on sale), 3 pairs of shoes, 2 singlet tops, and lots of GAP gear for friends' babies! If you have babies, now is the time to tell Aunty Reenie.

1 comment:

millimilli said...

woman, i don't know what you're talking about. you've got the goods, i've _seen_ your girls.