Saturday, September 13, 2008

3am

(A lesson in ono-mato-poeia - I love this word :) )
The dreaded hour. I lie tossing and turning in bed. Waiting for the inevitable.

*CHUG CHUG CHUGG-ugg-g...* - the sound of a tired engine pulling up.

... silence...

*jangle jangle jangle* - the sound of a keychain loaded with a ton of keys.

I brighten my crystal clear MBP screen. 2:57am, it's early.

*SWOOOONK* - the delivery truck's side door slams heavily to the side.

*CHINK CHINK CHINK* - the trolley is heaved to the ground.

*RRRRRRUTTTTT* - the trolley rolls over the pavement to the office next door.

*AAAAARGH* - the sound of me mentally reverberating. "WHHHY MUST YOU PARK OUTSIDE MY WINDOW?!? EVERY DANG MORNING?!?! DO YOU KNOW WHAT TIME IT IS?"

I put on a shirt, peek out the window. I almost wish I had eggs to pelt at the truckie. M&S eggs are expensive though :P

*RRRRRRUTTTTT* - the trolley rolls back over the pavement to the delivery truck. I hear all the sounds in reverse.


****sigh**** - the surrender of sleep that was never there.

Ever since I got back, I can't sleep until it's 3-4-5am. It's been almost 2 weeks. 2 days ago was a disaster as I stayed up emailing AdF and SH back in Sydnery till 3:38am. Sleep time, approx 4am.

*BING* - my eyelids snapping open at 1PM. EH? 1PM?!? THURSDAY? WORK DAY!!!!

Aiiiiyah... how do I get myself out of this one?

Did I make it to work? Yes, but only at 6pm, discreetly standing down the road from the office waiting for AA. We had a Gaucho steak date after all *grin* 3 bloody marys and a 300g hunka meat later, I headed home. Only to be tempted out again by Sus *grin* 3 cocktails and half a bottle of champers later, we trundled home. No sleep, but at least lots of fun :)

Tacky lamp @ Crazy Bear


Hope you're noticing the time on this post. Count down with me... 38 mins.

No comments: